Subject Re: Direct copy instead of ftp
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invalid>
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2016 15:28:15 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started
Attachment(s) socketFTP1.jpg

On 28-Sep-16 2:05 PM, Ken Mayer wrote:

> Odd, I don't see anything in the code that would be looking at drive C: ...
>
> however, I do note in the form's onOpen I am using "cPass" where I
> should be using "cPassword"
>
> oIni.setValue( "FTP", "Password", cPassword )
>
> I have no idea how that slipped past, as I spent a lot of time on this
> form.

I found another one at line 642. :-)  lastErrorMessage should be
lastErrorString

      if nError > 0
          msgbox( "Connection error: "+nError+chr(13)+;
                  oFTP.lastErrorString,;
                  "Connect Error", 16 )
          return
       else
          class::MessageDisplay( "Server> Connected to: "+oFTP.Hostname )
       endif

After much hair-pulling I found that the directory property for the
localFolderControl was set to C:\.  Trying to override this in the
form's onOpen event handler didn't work.  In the end I changed it in the
Inspector and all is well.  I'll play with this a bit more later as
hard-coding a directory is not very user-friendly. :-(

I've at least got the form to open but it is not doing much after that.
It won't connect as it feels it is not licensed for that operation.
Screenshot attached.

Mervyn.