Subject Re: Database Problems
From S. M. Intsar <smiah1948@gmail.com>
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2016 01:12:03 -0400
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Ken Mayer Wrote:

> On 8/23/2016 6:09 AM, S. M. Intsar wrote:
> >
> > I have all my files in 70 different directories.  They are all Microsoft Office 2016 Pro Plus format (.diocx)
> > About 30% have been converted into PDF. The docx and pdf files are ranging from 3-5gb in size. The docus contain taxt, phoos, icons etc.
> > You are a true Professional and I have spend approximately one year to create data of such magnitude.  Please help me.
> > How to create reference you have mentioned in your response.  I tried to create hyperlink (ms word option) but dbase does not accept this.
> > There must be some way around. Please help.
> > Best regards,
>

> Store a value into the field such as:
>
> "../MyFiles/Word/Mydocumentname.pdf"
>
> That should be easy enough, shouldn't it?
>
> You can even use the GetFile() dialog to get the path:
>
> cPath = getfile()
>
> And then store the value returned from the function (cPath) into the
> field. See the help for dBASE for more details on using that function.
>
> If you want a hyperlink in a dBASE form, you will need to use a text
> control, there is a pre-written control in the dBASE Users' Function
> Library Project (dUFLP):
>
> HTMLLinkText.cc
>
> This class allows you to define a text control to act as a standard
> hyperlink, you can set what you want it to do when clicked, and so on.
>
> Open the file "HTMLLinkText.cc" in the source code editor and read the
> comments at the top -- it will help you understand how to use it.
>
> Ken
>
> --
> *Ken Mayer*
> Ken's dBASE Page: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase
> The dUFLP: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/index.htm#duflp
> dBASE Books: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/Books/dBASEBooks.htm

Hi,
I am back once again for bothering.  Honestly I fail to understand how to store a value into the field.  I read the LR provided and in the help topic it says "In the Inspector, select the StoredProc object." I could not reach this storedProc object".
Please shed some more light on the topic.
Thanks in advance
Best regards,
Intsar