Subject Re: Database Problems
From Ken Mayer <dbase@nospam.goldenstag.net>
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2016 06:40:46 -0700
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 8/23/2016 6:09 AM, S. M. Intsar wrote:

> I have all my files in 70 different directories.  They are all Microsoft Office 2016 Pro Plus format (.diocx)
> About 30% have been converted into PDF. The docx and pdf files are ranging from 3-5gb in size. The docus contain taxt, phoos, icons etc.
> You are a true Professional and I have spend approximately one year to create data of such magnitude.  Please help me.
> How to create reference you have mentioned in your response.  I tried to create hyperlink (ms word option) but dbase does not accept this.
> There must be some way around. Please help.
> Best regards,

Store a value into the field such as:

"../MyFiles/Word/Mydocumentname.pdf"

That should be easy enough, shouldn't it?

You can even use the GetFile() dialog to get the path:

cPath = getfile()

And then store the value returned from the function (cPath) into the
field. See the help for dBASE for more details on using that function.

If you want a hyperlink in a dBASE form, you will need to use a text
control, there is a pre-written control in the dBASE Users' Function
Library Project (dUFLP):

HTMLLinkText.cc

This class allows you to define a text control to act as a standard
hyperlink, you can set what you want it to do when clicked, and so on.

Open the file "HTMLLinkText.cc" in the source code editor and read the
comments at the top -- it will help you understand how to use it.