Subject Re: Database Problems
From S. M. Intsar <smiah1948@gmail.com>
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2016 09:09:42 -0400
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Ken Mayer Wrote:

> On 8/21/2016 6:45 AM, S. M. Intsar wrote:
> > I am back again.  I floated a query about OLE field in Dbase10.
> > This OLE Problem I have pointed out quite a few times. but got no response.  As is evident from .dbf file my last two fields are OLE.  When I insert or copy PDF or Word file into OLE field, it displays only one page.  No scrollbar to move to next page.  The qstp .wfm and dbf are test files, the actual will have two or three more ole fields including current trans field, which will be converted into ole.
> >
> > I request, please look into the problem if possible and suggest some remedy.
>
> The OLE viewer in dBASE is limited in its abilities. If you want to see
> the whole document, you probably need to do something different. I have
> never recommended the use of the OLE field in general.
>
> Instead, store the files in a directory, and store a reference to the
> files. You can then provide your users the ability to view the
> document(s) in their native software (Word, Acrobat Viewer, etc.).
>
> Ken
>
> --
> *Ken Mayer*
> Ken's dBASE Page: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase
> The dUFLP: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/index.htm#duflp
> dBASE Books: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/Books/dBASEBooks.htm

Hi,

I have all my files in 70 different directories.  They are all Microsoft Office 2016 Pro Plus format (.diocx)
About 30% have been converted into PDF. The docx and pdf files are ranging from 3-5gb in size. The docus contain taxt, phoos, icons etc.
You are a true Professional and I have spend approximately one year to create data of such magnitude.  Please help me.
How to create reference you have mentioned in your response.  I tried to create hyperlink (ms word option) but dbase does not accept this.
There must be some way around. Please help.
Best regards,
Intsar