Subject Re: Database Problems
From Ken Mayer <dbase@nospam.goldenstag.net>
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2016 04:49:42 -0700
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 8/21/2016 11:28 PM, S. M. Intsar wrote:
> First I used to work with dBase 8 and I have created a database (.dbf and .wfm files) with approximately 10 ole fields.  And if I am not mistaken, I used to have sometime 100 pages per OLE field.
>
> All were displayed one page at a time and I never have any problem whatsoever.  I used to print and display certain page(s). The database was huge and approximately 20 fields including 10 OLE dields.  I never have any problem.
>
> DBI people are true professionals, they cannot leave any field unattnded.  I have read your book several time and you also have very high word about them.
>
> Now back to problem.  How can I display one page at a time in OLE field (dbf or wfm).

To the best of my knowledge, nothing has been done to change the way OLE
fields work in dBASE in many years, so if it worked in dBASE Plus 8, and
there's something that's changed later, I have no idea what is up.

> 2. How to create link you mentioned above.

Text field that contains the path to the file.
In a form, you could use a pushbutton control, and in the onClick event
handler for the control call code such as:

function MyPushbutton1_onClick()
    set procedure to :dUFLP:MiscAPI.prg
    oField = form.rowset.fields["MyOLEField1"].value.rightTrim()
    OPENUrl( oField )
    close procedure :dUFLP:MiscAPI.prg
return

This would require using MISCAPI.prg in the dBASE Users' Function
Library ...