Subject random
From Charlie <trainman@traincity.com>
Date Sun, 26 Jun 2016 08:53:27 -0400
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Hi.. Could someone push me in the right direction?

I have a database of say 40 golfers.  19 of those golfers are going to play in the upcoming tournament.  The 19 are selected so you have a filter with the 19 active golfers.  There are 5 golfers who are considered slow.  So I want to fit them in each group and possibly 2 at the end so play moves relatively smoothly.

Then I would like to randomly place the rest of the golfers in a configuration of 3-somes and 4-somes with the 3-somes in the front of the group.  I'm not sure how to work this out in dbase.  I am writing this in oodml.  I have the database set up already.

We have three tournaments a week and I want to make a schedule for each day, email each member that the tourney is scheduled and post the schedule to a web site in html.   I think I can figure this part out, but the order and grouping is not something I'm confident with. (or even have a clue!)

Thanks for any help!