Subject Re: Copying text...
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invalid>
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2016 22:24:34 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 20/06/2016 21:20, Charlie wrote:
> Charlie Wrote:
>
>> Hi Mervyn,
>>
>> Yes the date field is from master and is date type.  Everything looks great but I can't use this until the .00 is dealt with.  I blindly tried to fix it in the program you wrote but nothing would work.  Is there an extract by date or something like that?
>>
>> Charlie
>
> fixed it!!!  instead of as int for the date I changed it to as char(4) and it works well.  Now what do I do to make the price without the decimal points?

Which program are we talking about?  make_temp_tables.prg or
make_html_pricelist.prg?

sdate and asell in the temporary table should be something like
04/02/2014 and 23.45

make_htlm_pricelist.prg uses "cast(extract(year from sdate) as int) yr"
to create a calculate field yr which is displayed in the table.  It also
uses 'cast(asell as int) asell1' to create the calculated price without
decimals.  This works perfectly on my computer.

You could try changing int to integer but this is just grasping at straws.

You could also try

select part_no,title,grade,cast(extract(year from sdate) as int)
yr,cast(asell as int) asell1 from 'data\master' ;
where asell > 0 and upper(mfg) like "%K_LINE%" ;
order by part_no ;
save to "data\temp_pkline"

If this produces a temporary table with the year and price without
decimals I'll change the two programs for you.