Subject Re: Problem with Windows10
From Heinz Kesting <Nobody@Nowhere.com>
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2016 21:27:05 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Hi Rod,
> I am and have been running dbase plus 2.80 for years on Windows 7. Since upgrading from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro,
> I have had the attached error messages when editing and/or trying to
save changes to large (200kb) .mnu files
> and also some large .wfm files. Small files are OK. It seems to be a
memory problem as "Memory Access Violation"
> appears to suggest.
>
> I have Windows 10 pro with 6gb ram 64 bit
>
> Is it just my computer or has anyone else had problems running dbase plus 2.8 on windows 10 ?

Like you, I used to work with db+ 2.8 and Win 7, however 32bit.
When I upgraded to Win 10 some weeks ago, all went fine, no problems at
all. By the way, I didn't do a "clean install", but upgraded my running
system (of course after having made a thorough backup), but all went
pretty fine, nothing to complain about. Everything worked absolutely as
expected.

Around a fortnight ago, suddenly these MAV errors began to appear, when
editing bigger, but smaller wmf files as well, or running all kinds of
forms and apps that used to work nicely without a single complaint for ages.

The MAV's went away, as they had appeared, out of the blue after the
latest Win 10 update patch, which were KB3149135 and KB3163018. See
Bruce Beacham's post in this group from June, 15 in "Table problem
solved (sorta)".

So I hope this remains a nine-days wonder ...

Kind regards, Heinz