Subject Re: setting up a network
From Rich... <rich@autotraker.com>
Date Sun, 7 Feb 2016 06:34:04 -0500
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

"Bob grimes"  wrote in message news:IpWFRxnXRHA.2980@ip-AC1E04A7...
>So I asked how to connect a machine with Xp to a machine with windows 10 .
>The reply from a windows support engineer was that it was NOT possible .

Most Mickysoft "support engineers" aren't. Take anything they say with a big
grain of salt.
Of course you can interconnect XP, Vista, Win7, Win8, Win10 and any
operating system in existence to each other.
Some times it takes a little finesse or lots of research but of course its
possible.
Google is your friend, especially in the case of XP->Win10. There are just
too many variables to get into them on this newsgroup.
While it is possible, I would suggest not using a mixed Windows operating
system network.
Certainly it’s a bad idea to mix a XP machine with Win10.
Use the same OS on all your locally connected machines and almost all
Windows networking problems disappear.
Networks are only as fast as the slowest network connection and operating
system capabilities.
In this case your network will be limited by the XP box both in speed of the
hardware and software.
Rich...