Subject Re: Report problem
From Bruce Beacham <bbeacham@no_plm_lowman.co.uk>
Date Thu, 26 Nov 2015 21:17:22 +0000
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 25/11/2015 22:08, Charlie wrote:
> Hi... I have a report I am printing which works well except for the
> first field is a 10 character field.  For some reason I can only get
> 9 characters to print and the last character when there are 10 always
> drops to the next line.  The field is 10 characters.  I made the
> field in the report where the data is printing longer than it needs
> to be.  I also tried making the variable height property false.
> Should I go into the structure of the database and make it 11
> characters long?

No.

I assume this is the dBASE report object.

What happens if you reduce the fontSize of the control by one point?

You say it's solved by centering the field (the text control?) on the
report.    It's a little difficult to see why that would have an effect,
nor why centering the alignment within the text control would have such
an effect.

Have you experimented with wrap?

It's possible that the the length allocated for the text within the
control is simply too little when the letters being printed have an
over-large pitch, for example lots of M or W characters.

Bruce Beacham