Subject Re: blind programmer getting started with dbase
From Ken Mayer <dbase@nospam.goldenstag.net>
Date Sat, 1 Aug 2015 20:55:35 -0700
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 8/1/2015 7:19 PM, Rich K wrote:
> Thanks a bunch.
> Only reason i would like to program in character metrics, it is really easy for me to keep track of what is where on and in my fomr since i cannot use the form designer since my screen reader does not read it.
> Thanks for the measurements, they make since now.
> The old dos days i think the screen was about 80 x 25 lines, so will try what you gave me there.
> Thanks a bunch.
> Now to tackle my next thing.
> Looking for the syntax of the onkey command.
> Any help, thanks a lot.

ONKEY isn't really viable under Windows anymore ... at least not as a
command. It is an event handler for some controls.

Windows programming is radically different from DOS programming. Windows
just sits there and waits for the user to do something (move the mouse,
click on something, type something ...). It's going to be a big change
in what you're used to.

The dUFLP: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/index.htm#dUFLP
dBASE Books: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/dBASEBooks.htm