Subject Re: blind programmer getting started with dbase
From Ken Mayer <dbase@nospam.goldenstag.net>
Date Sat, 1 Aug 2015 18:04:27 -0700
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 8/1/2015 5:35 PM, Rich K. wrote:
> hello,
> I am a blind dbase programmer in pittsburgh, pa.
> I have been using dbase for windows for about two months.
> I am very familiar with the older dos version , but not the windows version.
> I have some questions on setting up fomrs in the right metric mode.
> I have read as a blind programmer and user it would be optimal to program on a 640x480 pixel form.
> I would like to program on that size form but in the character metrics.

The form's Metric property can be set to 6, which gives you a setting of
Pixels. Is there a reason you need to use Character metrics?

You could set the form to a metric of 6, set the height and width as you
require, then set the metric back to character (metric property set to 0).

This may be tricky if your screen reader can't work with the form
designer, but the idea would be to set the size, open it in the form
designer, change the metric (as defined above), the form designer will
automatically convert the metric to the correct value for height and
width of the form, save it, and it is what you need.

I just did this:

Height: 21.82
Width: 91.43

The dUFLP: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/index.htm#dUFLP