Subject summing a field that is not a phyiscal field but a created field by adding 4 physical fields
From Floyd <flodor@sympatico.ca>
Date Thu, 30 Jul 2015 13:59:27 -0400
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Using Ken Meyer's book "The Dbase Reports Book" I have a dmd with 2 tables that are simple. The one to many table has only 3 items =, a start date, an end date, and a year. The many table has 5 items, an ID and 4 fields with $ entries, I have designed a report following the directions in the book up to the point of adding the 4 fields containing numerical numbers (currency) to a virtual field and have totalled the 4  columns vertically. I am now trying to total the virtual field to obtain a total field for it. I have gone as far as the point in the instructions where Ken instructs me to remove a canRender event from the Report by clicking an the control detail band, go to the event tab, click on the canrender which places the cursor in the function code and then go to the methods tab and select the "Delete Method". When I do this all I get in the Method tab is "drag, get text event, move and release". Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong or is the instruction in the book in error. Thanks