Subject Re: Convertion
From Ivar B. Jessen <nospam@nospam.com>
Date Fri, 03 Jul 2015 17:55:34 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On Fri, 03 Jul 2015 17:16:24 +0200 Mervyn Bick
Sender:  "Mervyn Bick" <invalid@invalid.invalid>
wrote the following in:
Newsgroup: dbase.getting-started
Subject: Re: Convertion:
MessageID:<op.x07d1mr3380wm4@mervynb>

>> iif(mod((num/10-int(num/10))*10,5)>=3,(int(num/5)*5)+5,int(num/5)*5)
>
>Once again Ivar has shown me a bette way. :-)
>
>iif(num%5>=3,int(num/5)*5+5,int(num/5)*5)

Mervyn,

Honestly, did not try to show you a better way. I did not know that you had
posted anything.

It is one scenario I see now and then. I open the newsgroup and scan for new
messages, there were none. Anyway the earlier message from ken looked
interesting and I came up with a simple solution after having spent some time to
fight with the new number() object.

My message was posted, and as usually I downloaded the newsgroup messages again
to see if my answer were ok, and surprise, there were three new messages, one of
them yours.

I read somewhere that this may happen if my ISP only scans newgroups a few times
every day.

Ivar B. Jessen