Subject Re: Getting tid of empty rows electronically
From Roger Sauer <anon@none.com>
Date Tue, 26 May 2015 08:35:28 -0700
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

In case those empty records contain null values, you may want to use empty()
instead of ' = "" '.

delete for empty(fieldname)

"Mervyn Bick"  wrote in message news:op.xy781xlj380wm4@mervynb...

On Tue, 26 May 2015 08:59:33 +0200, Pieter van Heerden <psvh@mweb.co.za>
wrote:

> When importing data from text files, I am sometimes confronted with  empty
> records appended, usually at the end of the record set.
>
> How do I get rid of them programmatically?

If there is a field that will always have data in it it is quite easy.

use tablename exclusive
delete for fieldname = " "
pack
use

If there isn't a field that always will have data in it then you will have
to check more fields and possibly all of them.

delete for fieldname = " " and fieldname1 = " " and fieldname2 = " "

Always keep a backup copy of your able "just in case". :-)

Mervyn.