Subject Re: Getting tid of empty rows electronically
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invalid>
Date Tue, 26 May 2015 07:18:59 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On Tue, 26 May 2015 08:59:33 +0200, Pieter van Heerden <psvh@mweb.co.za>
wrote:

> When importing data from text files, I am sometimes confronted with
> empty records appended, usually at the end of the record set.
>
> How do I get rid of them programmatically?

If there is a field that will always have data in it it is quite easy.

use tablename exclusive
delete for fieldname = " "
pack
use

If there isn't a field that always will have data in it then you will have
to check more fields and possibly all of them.

delete for fieldname = " " and fieldname1 = " " and fieldname2 = " "

Always keep a backup copy of your able "just in case". :-)