Subject dBase and QGIS
From Noel Downs <ceo.wanaruah@bigpond.com>
Date Thu, 23 Apr 2015 19:33:41 -0400
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Hi,

I am trying to get a GIS mapping program (QGIS) using Esri shape file layers (data stored in dbase dbf files) to talk to a database table outside the GIS.   The table outside the GIS is our company’s data on land… I am trying to link the two together so when I update our company data in our table I do not have to repeat the action inside the GIS to access the updated information.    If I can link the two tables one shared field will be updated in the GIS with all the other info available upon query.

When I tried to access the ESRI dbf with dbase it tells me index is corrupted…

However they work in the GIS…

I can open the esri dbf with base (open office and libre office and a couple of other db tools ) and there is no issues there ... but they do not have the funnctionality I am seeking .

Is there a dbase tool that can look at this for me?  That will look at the index, repair what it thinks is wrong so I can see how the GIS will react to that?

Cheers

Noel