Subject Re: Form with Seeker - More Information
From Wayne Graham <equiline2@gmail.com>
Date Fri, 20 Mar 2015 18:57:47 -0400
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Hi Mervyn

At least they speak English in Melbourne!

I will give the variable tips a run and see how i go.  I hardly use msgbox either, but was curious as it may come in handy.  The second option of text label is more like the old SAY and GET which I can use.

I use SQL a lot as I worked for a large Federal agency here and my work included extracting and manipulating large quantities of data.  I already incorporate it into my Dbase conversion.  It is a very useful tool and can deal with huge amounts of data.

I am happy to stay with Dbase at present as the conversion has been easy and the complexity of the routines extracting and tagging the data for re-use is very stable in Dbase and has been very difficult to replicate in other languages.

Thanks for the help.

Happy to chat by email if you are interested in the F1 meeting etc.  The heritage touring cars were wonderful and I have lots of photos.  equiline2@gmail.com

Wayne