Subject Re: updateSet() append()
From Heinz Kesting <nospam@nospam.com>
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2015 11:59:45 +0100
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Hi Eric

> I got it.
> it did not work because it's pointed to the last row!
> This should be written to the Help!!

Thanks for the success report! Yes, that should be mentioned in the Help
texts. What db+ version are you working with? I still use 2.8, these
files won't be updated anymore, I'm afraid. But if this hint is still
missing in the current versions, it should be added. It is TOOO
confusing since there will be no error or other notification. So if you
are using version 8 or 9, you should report it, I'd say.

I came across this issue some years ago and after clearing it (guess the
answer came then from these NGs, too) I made a comment about moving the
row pointer to the desired position in my code then, but now I didn't
see this as your problem at first sight!

Kind regards, Heinz