Subject Re: updateSet() append()
From Heinz Kesting <nospam@nospam.com>
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2015 23:32:49 +0100
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Hi Eric,
> I've tried
>
>      use table1
>      copy stru to table2
>
> to ensure both source and destination table have exact same structure.
> but still not working ...
>
> I hope to use updateset() instead of XBase
>
>      use table1
>      append from table2
>
> there's no error message popping up , hard to debug ...

Did you see Bruce's little hint? It is very important to set the cursor
to the right row in the source rowset before you issue u.append() - the
appending starts with the current row of the source rowset.
So if you're at the last row in the source rowset, just this last row
will be appended to the dest table. Not too bad, knowing this may make
it easier to control how many or which rows to append.
The odd thing is - I just tested it - if you got the following code

    u = new updateSet()
    u.source := form.q_source.rowset
    u.destination := form.q_dest.rowset
    u.append()

which really would be working flawlessly, but it fails to append a
single row unless you happen to have some navigation in the source
rowset before. So make sure you issue a call to the first (or whatever)
row in the source rowset, then it will work.

Kind regards, Heinz