Subject Re: updateSet() append()
From Heinz Kesting <nospam@nospam.com>
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2015 16:49:28 +0100
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Hi Eric,
> I have codes like this
>
> u = new Updateset()
> u.source = q1.rowset
> u.destination = q2.rowset
> u.append()
>
> in my .wfm
> it runs no error, but I don't see any data been appended.
>
> any idea what it could be wrong ?
> Thanks in advance!

The updateSet class requires for append() completely identical table
structures of the source and destination, that's the first I come to
think about.
Quote OLH: "If the table structures are not exact matches, append( )
will terminate when it encounters the discrepency."
End of quote. And it does terminate without giving you an error.
Then there are some more tricky points, like rows that would cause a key
violation and others ... if you got a copy of Ken's book, there you will
find quite a great lot of sample code and detailed explanations about it.

Hope I could help, Heinz