Subject Re: dbase plus 9 forms
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invalid>
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2015 09:49:56 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On Thu, 15 Jan 2015 23:36:16 +0200, Paul White
<pwhite@alliancemailing.com> wrote:

> have a form with 3 data files, how do I select the data file to work
> with, and pass data between then?

I'm afraid you haven't given us much to work with and the crystal ball is
in for repairs. :-)  Without more clarity on the issue I'm afraid all you
will get is guesswork.

What data is in each table?  What data do you want to select? What do you
want to do with the selected data?  Why do you need to transfer data from
one file to another?  If your database is properly designed you should
only have one copy of data.

By "passing data" do you perhaps mean creating linkages between the tables
so that selecting a record in one table selects records in the other
tables?

Mervyn.