Subject Re: DBASE II Information
From Kevin Butler <kevinb500@gmail.com>
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2014 15:35:12 -0500
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Don,

I appreciate that you are willing to loan me your disks.  I managed to find said disks, in .img format, on another site.  Just did my basic install and away I went to the dot prompt.  It has been a very long time to say the least.

The version I remember using was one that the Navy had bought ( I don't think I gave any input on that decision) back in 1985.  Needless to say, was use one of those single-unit Zeniths with a pair of 360K floppies, green-phos monitor, unknown amount of memory, and  keyboard that tended to stick if I typed too fast.  Oh yes, a dot-matrix printer of unknown type that printed both letter and very wide-papered reports.

I hope to be getting the book already mentioned in a few days and we'll see if that was the one.  I know parts of it can be applied to things nowadays.

Thank you again for your assistance on this,

Kevin