Subject Re: DBASE II Information
From Jim Marchand <jsmarchand@gmx.com>
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2014 11:29:28 -0500
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Wednesday     17-Dec-2014

First, Mervyn is a fabulous resource for dBASE users.  He's helped me out many times, always graciously and with great explanations of his thinking process.

I also go back aways, having started with a copy of dBASE III + back in the '80s, then migrating through nearly all the DOS dBASEs until getting into the graphical ones.  Big learning curve but worth the time.

One caution: the very newest dBASE Plus 9.x no longer supports WinXP or earlier, nor does it support my WinVista 64 bit.  That said, it seems to run OK with my Vista system.  Haven't tried with XP yet.  Because my major clients still use XP a lot, I'm guessing I may back up to a version that I can risk my standing on with XP systems.

Jim.