Subject DBASE II Information
From Kevin Butler <kevinb500@gmail.com>
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2014 18:44:47 -0500
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Good afternoon,

This one involves the quest for information so I'm hoping there are other

"old-timers", such as myself, who worked with DBASE in its infancy back in

the early 80's.

There were four programs that created programs that came with DBASE II.

These programs were filegen.prg, formgen.prg, labelgen.prg, and menugen.prg.

I had managed to get a hold of a book that had the full code listings for

these programs.  I was able to use some parts of these listings to create

programs that made other programs.

Unfortunately, that book got lost by the wayside after many moves via the

military.

I'm attempting to find out either a).  The name of the book that had these

listings in them.  I'm figuring it was authored by Luis Castro, the

individual who wrote or co-wrote the four program generators.  Again, I can't

recall the book for the life of me.  b).  The listings for these programs

from another source.

The reason for my re-interest is that I had several spin off programs and I

think I can do some modernization with my own code.  Also, it is fun getting

back into the old DBASE again just to relearn and to branch back out again.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Kevin Butler
kevinb500 (at ) gmail(dot )com