Subject Re: subform data entry problem
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invalid>
Date Sat, 13 Dec 2014 10:25:58 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On Sat, 13 Dec 2014 09:36:20 +0200, Safarini <pccenter.safarini@libero.it>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> My question is beside the tab stop that must be assigned to true, what
> other causes can
> cause the problem of disactivating it.

The default for the tabstop property is true so you shouldn't need to set
it yourself.  If the property does appear in the constructor code in your
sourcecode try deleting it.  If this solves the problem you've found a
bug. :-)

There is nothing that I can think of that will de-activate the tab key in
a subform other than that something in dBASE itself has been corrupted.
If this is the case you will need to reinstall dBASE.

Reinstalling dBASE should, however, be a last resort.  Try the little
example I posted yesterday.  If this works on your computer there is
nothing wrong with dBASE.

If you've coded the subform by hand try redoing the subform in the form
designer and then edit the sourcecode to remove the "bootstrap" code (the
code above the class definition line) and change the class definition line
from

class whateverForm of FORM

class whateverForm( oParent, cTitle )of SUBFORM( oParent, cTitle )

Remember though that the designer streams out coordinates for the form
relative to the window but a subform requires coordinates relative to the
parent form.  If you are not careful the subform can open where you can't
see it.

Once this has been done the subform can't be opened in the designer and I
found this to be a real nuisance.  On 2014/08/13 I posted, in this
newsgroup, a little utility I created to do this for me.  I can now keep
the original form for making changes in the designer.  If I change
anything it is s moment's work to recreate the subform.

Mervyn.