Subject Re: Emailing Reports
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invalid>
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2014 20:32:16 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On Wed, 19 Nov 2014 18:51:56 +0200, Dick Snow
<dickDOT.snowAT@poboxdot.com> wrote:

> It's been awhile since I had to do this so I don't remember all the
> details, but PDF995 (from pdf995.com) can do this. You basically set
> the printer to the PDF995 driver for each employee. Just before you
> kick off the report for the next employee, you can re-write the
> PDF995.ini file to save the next report with a different file name
> and/or email it. You need the EDIT995 program to easily change the
> .ini file but once you figure out what they are doing, it's easy to
> edit the .ini file under program control. PDF995 has been mentioned
> many times in these newsgroups before so you could do a search.

It's probably only of academic interest but if you change the Output File
entry in pdf995.ini to

Output File=SAMEASDOCUMENT

all you need to do is change the title property of the report to whatever
you want the .pdf field to be named.  No more messing about with the .ini
file. :-)

If, for instance, you change the report's title property to
"2014Oct_J_Soap_payslip" the report will output to
2014Oct_J_Soap_payslip.pdf

Mervyn.