Subject Re: bcz missed file attached, I try to post again now
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invalid>
Date Sun, 16 Nov 2014 23:04:24 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On Sun, 16 Nov 2014 16:30:30 +0200, olivari <isellall777@gmail.com> wrote:

> When I transferred this program to my notebook and ran,
> as you said, it  works well w/o same error.
> but in my PC,which is a main Pc for Developing,
> Even if I reinstall ( not Hard formating, but overwriting) dBase Engine
> again, same Error is shown to main PC only.
> I guess  some configulation of BDE which not to be changed  was tangled
> inmy PC.
> 1. I erased Registry related with dbase and reinstalled
> 2. I recovered dbase to 45 days back by using Norton Ghost.
> All of Result are same ( Same Error Message as before)
> If I continue to use this version 8,
> My Final decision is just only to format Hard disk and to reinstall dbase
> Or Is there other  way to solve this matter ?
> If I upgrade to Ver.9, This problem will be solved ?
> Please comment for this matter.
> Thanks

I honestly can't think of anything that could be causing the problem on
your PC.  There is nothing wrong with the code as it works on my PC and on
your notebook.  One possible variable is the operating system.  I'm using
dbASE 8.1.3 with Windows XP Pro, SP3.  Does your notebook have the same
version of Windows as your PC?

Mervyn.