Subject Re: Turn off auto compile??
From Bruce Beacham <bbeacham@no-plm-lowman.co.uk>
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2014 09:22:30 +0000
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

> I feel the the auto compile is unnecessary, not helpful,  serves no function until the entire project is compiled to create an exe.
> Should be a way to simply turn it off. Am I wrong.

Yes.  I don't use projects and I do use DEO.   Therefore I need
individual recompiled object modules so I can update users with them.
My .exe never changes, it is just bootstrap code.

Also, when I have altered a .prg/.wfm/whatever in the IDE I want to test
it immediately - indeed, my alteration may be as a result of choosing
Fix when PLUS detects an error.  So, again, I need immediate re-compilation.

BUT I also need the copy lodged in memory in the IDE to be replaced by
the new compiled version:   that is crucial to efficient working.

Bruce Beacham