Subject Re: Memo exporting
From Michael Rozlog <mrozlog@dbasellc.com>
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2014 17:15:59 -0400
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Hello All,

We do not offer a 15-day money back on the utils like dbfExport.
Unfortunately we had people returning them after a few days and getting
the needed functionality and wanted a refund, because it was not needed
anymore.

Since they are so low-cost and do specific things there is no 15-day
money back on them.

However, if you have an issue we want to know and get it in an update
or the next release.

Mike
--
ceo@dbasellc.com

Mervyn Bick wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Oct 2014 16:08:59 +0200, Sarah W
> <sarah.l.white.naf@mail.mil>  wrote:
>
> > In my one of my catalogs I have some 100 files and each file has
> > asset   property discription information.  When I export one of the
> > files to cvs   everything is exported besides the memo setction
> > with is the most   important to me because thats where I have all
> > my item discripton   information.
>
> If you were only going to export one file it would be fairly simple
> to  write a program to do this.  Making a program "universal" is a
> bit more  work as one has to determine, on a field by field basis,
> whether the  contents of the field needs to be delimited or not.  One
> also needs to  decide how to handle date fields.  Using the COPY TO
> ... DELIMITED dBASE  exports dates as yyyymmdd whereas Excel expects
> separators mm/dd/yyyy.
>
> If you have dBASE Plus available usvout.prg in the dUFLP will do the
> job.   If you don't it means writing a program in dBASE IV.  If you
> need ideas  just ask.
>
> As an alterntive, Mike Rozlog's suggestion of using dbExport is a
> very  good one.  At US$20 (and I believe they have a 15day money back
> policy if  it doesn't work) it's good value if you consider the cost
> of the time to  write and debug your own program.
>
> Mervyn.

---