Subject Re: Memo exporting
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invalid>
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2014 22:39:14 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On Wed, 29 Oct 2014 16:08:59 +0200, Sarah W <sarah.l.white.naf@mail.mil>
wrote:

> In my one of my catalogs I have some 100 files and each file has asset
> property discription information.  When I export one of the files to cvs
> everything is exported besides the memo setction with is the most
> important to me because thats where I have all my item discripton
> information.

If you were only going to export one file it would be fairly simple to
write a program to do this.  Making a program "universal" is a bit more
work as one has to determine, on a field by field basis, whether the
contents of the field needs to be delimited or not.  One also needs to
decide how to handle date fields.  Using the COPY TO ... DELIMITED dBASE
exports dates as yyyymmdd whereas Excel expects separators mm/dd/yyyy.

If you have dBASE Plus available usvout.prg in the dUFLP will do the job.
If you don't it means writing a program in dBASE IV.  If you need ideas
just ask.

As an alterntive, Mike Rozlog's suggestion of using dbExport is a very
good one.  At US$20 (and I believe they have a 15day money back policy if
it doesn't work) it's good value if you consider the cost of the time to
write and debug your own program.

Mervyn.