Subject Re: CHANGES TO WFM'S ACTIVE IN REAL TIME-NEVER BEFORE
From Jan Bleiss <jan@noSpamsAnymore.net>
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2014 11:51:43 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Am 16.10.2014 23:19, schrieb ED FURCHE:
> Jan Bleiss Wrote:
>
>> Am 15.10.2014 18:02, schrieb ED FURCHE:
>>> DBASE 2.8
>>>
>>> CHANGES I MAKE TO THE WFM'S ARE BEING PUSHED OUT TO ALL WORKSTATIONS IMMEDIATELY.  THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE.  I LIKE TO MAKE CHANGES,  TEST, AND COMPILE, BEFORE USERS SEE THE CHANGES.
>>> WHAT HAS CHANGED???
>>>
>>> ED
>>>
>> You have all wfm's in one Exe-file? Do you change, test and compile
>> wfms#s in the same folder, where the exe is located?
>>
>> Jan
> YES.

If you have an Exe-File and place wfm/cc/prg-files (parts of your exe),
dBASE will use the wfm/cc/prg instead of the inside the exe "living"
programms. Sometimes this is very useful if you want to repair a wfm or
sth else "quick and dirty" without compiling a new exe.

But: If you publish a new exe and forget, that there still is hanging
around your old "quick and dirty repaired wfm", you will seek a while,
why your new wfm inside of the exe doesn't work :-D (I know that very
well from my days of beginning!! LOL)

As Ken said (Hi Ken) use a folder to develop and use another for your
published stuff.

Cheers
Jan