Subject Re: CHANGES TO WFM'S ACTIVE IN REAL TIME-NEVER BEFORE
From Ken Mayer <dbase@nospam.goldenstag.net>
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2014 14:35:08 -0700
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 10/16/2014 2:19 PM, ED FURCHE wrote:
> Jan Bleiss Wrote:
>
>> Am 15.10.2014 18:02, schrieb ED FURCHE:
>>> DBASE 2.8
>>>
>>> CHANGES I MAKE TO THE WFM'S ARE BEING PUSHED OUT TO ALL WORKSTATIONS IMMEDIATELY.  THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE.  I LIKE TO MAKE CHANGES,  TEST, AND COMPILE, BEFORE USERS SEE THE CHANGES.
>>> WHAT HAS CHANGED???
>>>
>>> ED
>>>
>> You have all wfm's in one Exe-file? Do you change, test and compile
>> wfms#s in the same folder, where the exe is located?
>>
>> Jan
> YES.

There's your problem.

You should have a work area, that is separate from the live version. If
you change things in the production area, then of course your users will
see the changes.

Most developers work in a test environment so that any changes they make
don't screw up the production environment. Suggest you seriously
consider doing the same.

The dUFLP: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/index.htm#dUFLP
dBASE Books: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/dBASEBooks.htm