Subject Converting VFP to Dbase or importing into VFP into dbase
From Mike <mike@trrap.com>
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2014 10:35:03 -0400
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

I am stuck and did not find an answer via the FAQ or google.
I have 100's of VFP tables (.dbf) and would like to convert them to a dbase file type. Most all have indexes but I dont mind rebuilding those in dbase.  In the Dbase command window I used: Use? and opened the vfp table and got a database engine error. Corrupt table/Index header.
Next I open the table in VFP and got rid of the indexes and attempted to reopen in dbase same error.
I reopened my file in VFP and did a export to type dbase IV same error when opening in dbase.
I then tried several copy structure to commands and dbase is throwing the same error.
I was looking at a dbase program using VFP files but that wont work using the BDE so I want to evaluate converting then to dbase and rewriting our programs.
Thank you
Mike