Subject Re: cretable7.prg
From Charlie K <guitarbluescharlie@yahoo.com>
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2014 02:57:25 -0400
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Mervyn Bick Wrote:

> On Sat, 13 Sep 2014 07:56:06 +0200, Charlie K
> <guitarbluescharlie@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Still regrouping after a complete hard drive crash. I have installed the
> > duflp. When I click on cretable7.prg nothing seems to happen. I assumed
> > you ment the windows control panel to enter do :duflp:cretable with
> > "*.dbf".
>
> Double-clicking on cretable7.prg in the Navigator should, in fact, bring
> up an error message telling you that the program has to be supplied with a
> table before it can run.
>
> In the navigator, select the folder holding the tables you want to process.
>
> When the dUFLP is properly installed it creates a sourccode alias duflp
> whcih allows you to run cretable7 no matter which folder you want to
> process.
>
> In the command window enter
>
> do :duflp: cretable7 with "*.dbf"
>
> This will create a file cretable.txt which you can examine by entering
> modi comm cretable.txt  in the command window.  You can then edit out any
> unwanted tables.  Alternatively you can process the tables one by one by
> providing the actual .dbf name instead of using the * wildcard.  You can
> then copy and paste the resulting code from the results window to your
> message.   cretable7.prg has a switch which allows one to save the output
> direct to the clipboard but I've found this to be unreliable for multiple
> tables.
>
> To copy the ouput from cretable7 directly to the clipboard enter the
> following in the command window
>
> do :duflp:cretable7 with "mytable.dbf",true
>
> You can now paste the contents of the clipboard where ever you need to.
>
> Mervyn.

Reply : 09/15/14  I get the message that ask for a table or "*.dbf" .
when I type in do :duflp: cretable7 with "*.dbf", it gives me this
error : file does not exist : duflp:cretable.prg.  I down loaded this from the Ken Mayer page.   duflpplus_ab.zip (4.1mb) It looks like it's in there yet still doesn't work.
sorry, thanks Charlie k