Subject Re: Forms Processing Text Box buffer to Data Fields
From Ivar B. Jessen <nospam@nospam.com>
Date Sat, 13 Sep 2014 23:09:52 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On Sat, 13 Sep 2014 22:12:32 +0200 Mervyn Bick
Sender:  "Mervyn Bick" <invalid@invalid.invalid>
wrote the following in:
Newsgroup: dbase.getting-started
Subject: Re: Forms Processing Text Box buffer to Data Fields:
MessageID:<op.xl46e6k1380wm4@mervynb>

>I've since done a bit of digging (better late than never <g>) and I find
>that by selecting the Date option from the Type button's dropdown list the
>designer sets the value property to the date format set for the computer
>ie {  -  -    } for your computer and {   /  /  } for mine.  I assumed
>that the format in the constructor code would be used when the form was
>opened.  A simple test shows this isn't so.  dBASE presents the
>appropriate skeleton for the date format on the computer running the code.
>
>Mervyn.

It is not quite clear what the date format on the computer running the code is.

I would rather say that the date format on the computer is the date format set
in the OS, and in Windows 8.1 it is the date format set in the control Panel ->
Region. In this specific case, where we are dealing with the dateformat in the
entryfield on a dBase form, the date format is set by the commands 'Set Mark to'
and 'Set Date to', and that date format is the one used, irrespective of 'the
date format on the computer'.

Ivar B. Jessen