Subject Re: Subforms
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invalid>
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2014 10:20:52 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On Tue, 19 Aug 2014 07:54:35 +0200, Ivar B. Jessen <nospam@nospam.com>
wrote:

> The *.sfm files should pop up in the navigator under Tab 'Other', when
> the
> extension is added to the line 'Other files:'.

Of course!  I must say though that I've never bothered with this.  My
interest is in the .wfm used to create the .sfm and if I change the .wfm I
immediately regenerate the .sfm.  As far as I'm concerned the current .sfm
is always there.   If I do want to see that it's really there I find a
simple DIR in the command panel less hassle than changing the Navigator
tab to Other and then back to Forms which is the tab that is normally
selected.  I NEVER manually change code in a .sfm file but if this ever
became necessary MODI COMM whatever.sfm in the command panel would do the
trick.

I spent a bit of time a few years ago playing with subforms but I don't
use them nowadays.  Apart from the aggravation of not being able to modify
them directly in the designer, they are, by definition, non-MDI which in
most cases is not what I want when I open a secondary form.  I prefer
using a normal form which can be opened modally if needed.

Mervyn.