Subject Re: chooseprinter() problem
From Paul G Stanley <pgsassoc@bellsouth.net>
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2014 12:47:56 -0400
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

James G. Wrote:

> hI Paul,
> Hp Printers always have been my biggest source of headaches.
> one work around we use a lot is to change the printer driver for an old Hp drive regarless of the model of the printer we want to make work.
> so is the printer is a latest  hp 700000 or whatever , i will change the driver to an hp 4200 (or any other in the list of drivers) and try, if it print well the test page then try it with dbase this can be done remotely without interrupting client operation.
> if nothing works then just put the original driver back and get in to your car.
> James

The problem was solved by them just buying another computer and returning the one they had and not even using the network printer on it - so actually, not solved, BUT
Have similar problem (08/10`3 - different client), but not exactly the same - this time, the printer (new HP Laserjet M602x) is on the network and all applications (Word, Excel, etc.) print without any problem (so I know the driver is okay) and all the workstations (15 of them) print okay in other applications, but again in dBASE when I pull up chooseprinter() it shows the printer (full network path and all) and acts as though it printed (i.e. returns back to screen), but never prints (plus never pulls up the Windows queue showing it printed) - again, can print to PDF rather than printer directly and then print from within Adobe (or whatever) and prints okay. Any suggestions?

thanx in advance
.... Paul