Subject INVALID INDEX DESCRIPTOR
From Bruce Heath <bah@specsol.com.au>
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2014 21:41:19 -0400
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Hi - I'm new to Visual dBase and have just purchased Dbase 9.
I'm trying to create a table with an attached index.

Table creates - no problems - only 3 columns and about 3000 rows.

Go to create index ("complex" type) with structure :

TRIM(field_1)+TRIM(field_2)      **Both fields are character type

On trying to save the file I get :

"Database Engine Error :  Invalid Index Descriptor : D:\DBASE9\IC PROGRAMS\Tem5BBC.tmX"

I assume that the file involved is a temporary file being renamed by the DBE to something else and stalling - but I don't know why!

Any ideas?

Regards,

Bruce