Subject Re: dbase9 win 8.1 using a exe file with setup in the file name causes
From Ness Stephens <nessstephens@gmail.com>
Date Sat, 12 Jul 2014 17:20:44 +1200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 12/07/2014 9:04 a.m., Bruce Beacham wrote:
> On 11/07/2014 03:00, Ness Stephens wrote:
>> The resulting exe's are then just run from a folder on the c: drive eg
>> c:\Myprograms and not as a UAC compliant program.
>> I was expecting to get a UAC error message saying UNKNOWN publisher but
>> I do not. I am assuming it is to do with the way That the DB9 runtime
>> installer installs the dbase runtime and the BDE.
>> I have also tested the exe's on another windows 7 machine with the new
>> DB9 runtime installed and it works OK on That too.
>
> I believe 'UAC' in the build command is merely to do with where the
> plusrun.ini gets located.
>
> I wonder if UAC is set at a low security level in Windows on the
> machines where you don't get the enquiry.
>
> Alternatively, perhaps for the compiled app either you are not using
> manifest files or the setting in it is "asInvoker".
>

> Bruce

Hi Bruce
       I have just purchased this computer running windows 8.1 having
previously just using dbase 2.6.0.1 om a XP computer for all my programming.
The settings of my computer are all set to the defaults when you install
windows 8.1

The UAC settings were set on "Notify me only when programs try to make
changes to my computer"
I changed the UAC settings to highest level and my programs still run
without the UAC msg Unknown Publisher etc.
I do not use manifest files with my programs
                          Ness