Subject Re: PDF metadata and bookmarks
From Bruce Beacham <bbeacham@no-plm-lowman.co.uk>
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2014 10:37:50 +0100
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 07/04/2014 00:55, PDF metadata wrote:
> Needs:
> 1.  Input a PDF file
> 2.  Display the data pages from the PDF file
> 3.  Display and edit the XML metadata for the PDF file
> 4.  Display and edit bookmarks for the PDF file.
> 5.  Output a PDF file with modified XML data and bookmarks
>
> Can all this be done in a dBase plus 8 program?

My take on this is that it's a job for Acrobat and Word:   I don't know
why you would want to wrap it in PLUS, especially as there appears to be
a considerable amount of user interaction.

On the other hand, one of the PDF ActiveX tools out there might provide
these facilities and be capable of being embedded in PLUS.   Have you
identified one which you like?

Bruce Beacham