Subject Re: Windows 8 - dBase 2.8 installation incompatability?
From Ken Mayer [dBVIP] <dbase@goldenstag.net>
Date Sat, 05 Apr 2014 21:28:55 -0700
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 4/5/2014 1:42 PM, Bruce Beacham wrote:
> On 05/04/2014 15:00, Pieter van Heerden wrote:
>>> Of course, the Administrator route means that the user gets asked
>>> by UAC every time whether the app is OK to be run...
>>
>> How do I prevent that question being asked every time the application
>> is loaded?
>
> Only by the unsafe route of switching off UAC on the client's machine.
>    This is not recommended.

Or by registering the software with some agencies, so that Windows
recognizes it ... This is called Code Signing, and can be costly, and
may have to be re-upped every year. Chapter 28 of my book (the 3rd
Edition) discusses this.

Ken Mayer

/(Opinions expressed are purely my own, not those of dBase, LLC)/

*Ken Mayer* [dBVIPS]
/Golden Stag Productions/
dBASE at goldenstag dot net
http://www.goldenstag.net/GSP