Subject Re: Tab Delimited
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invalid>
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2014 15:52:55 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On Thu, 03 Apr 2014 11:33:34 +0200, Rob Rickard <rob@nospam.com.au> wrote:

> Thanks Mervyn
> I did make the date fields character because I thought that would give
> less issues, just been given another file and quick glance at it and I
> think it may have something like a memo field in(Title is called
> notepad). Maybe time for me look at it tomorrow, my day has been 14
> hours so far(hence the coffee)

dBASE's copy delimited (which doesn't work with TAB separated files to
start with) doesn't work with memo fields.  This is not true of of the
little program I gave you.

If you create a memofield in your .dbf table the program will take
whatever is in the text file for that field and place it in the memofield
without any special treatment.

Mervyn.