Subject Re: PACK, ZAP and .dbt files
From Ken Mayer [dBVIPS] <dbase@_nospam_goldenstag.net>
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2010 14:19:51 -0700
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

maurice wrote:
> (en français plus bas)
>
> Two questions about PACK and ZAP (because I do not know how easily generate
> large memo file)
>
> 1) PACK
>
> On the Help of Visual dBase 5.7, I read for pack (in french :-) ):
> However, after using the command PACK space memo files (. DBT) associated
> with the deleted records is not diminished. To recover the space of a memo
> file, you should use COPY to copy the original table.
>
> OLH of dBase Plus 2.6.0 :
> Nothing about the  BLOB files .dbt and the command Pack
>
> The question:
> The operation PACK has been changed to "packed" associated memo files in
> dBase Plus?
>
> 2) ZAP
>
> How does ZAP with memo files ?

I believe it works the same in the 32-bit version of dBASE. (In other
words, copy the table, the deleted memo information will not be copied ...)

/(Opinions expressed are purely my own, not those of dataBased
Intelligence, Inc.)/

*Ken Mayer* [dBVIPS]
/Golden Stag Productions/
dBASE at goldenstag dot net